“Responsible persons are people who have taken charge of themselves and their conduct, who own their actions and own up to them, who answer up to them” – William Bennett
Egocentric chauvinist behaviour has really overshadowed the manliness in the society recently. The brave, strong and hardworking man is very rare to find. Immorality and selfishness has become the order of the day. Men are now looking for nasty shortcuts as means of survival other than toiling and working hard for it.
What saddens me is the fact that most people do not really understand what it takes for you them be a “modern mature man”. It takes confidence, diligence, integrity, intelligence, determination , and also not forgetting the will power to conquer battles by being the brave one, for them to be the mature one.
The modern mature man would know how to set their priorities well.The best thing about all this is the fact that, never would they try to portray inhuman and unworthy behaviour to women because they know how to respect them. The modern mature man would not take any woman for granted because at the end of the day their intelligence would definitely tell them that women also play a major role in society and they stand a chance to be respected.
A modern mature man would not spend 70% of his time in a pub drinking and watching football because he knows what it takes for him to be a successful man. He will know that there are dreams to be chased, goals to be targeted, and more so ambitions to be made. He understands that others look up to him and he has to do what it takes to be a role model in the society. A modern mature man would cherish and love his family, In that nothing would compromise and lead them out of the marriage.
Some of the signs showing that, you’re currently a lucky lady dating a real man are such as but not limited to:
- He treats women with respect. If you don’t respect women, you’re not a man. Period.
- He doesn’t stand still while the world passes him by, he continually pushes himself.
- He takes pride in how he looks and lives his life. He’s not ashamed of who he is, what he does or how he looks, even if he’s trying to change one of the aforementioned. He is confident.
- He learns from his mistakes. Although he might take a few cracks at it.
- He is honest about who he is and what he has done in his life
- He speaks up when necessary. Truth, no matter how bitter and wisdom, are what his tongue carries.
- He is focused on progress, not performance – on the process, not the goal
- He listens to understand, not to reply.
- He carefully evaluates situations, to know how and when to react.
- He loves his family and therefore wants to protect them from harm. This does not have to involve physical violence.
- He has a true purpose, one that hopefully contributes to the wellbeing of others.
Being “uncomplicated” isn’t just being simple or easy going, though It’s about maturity. It takes a level of life experience to see past your own nose and understand the world doesn’t revolve around you.
It refers to a sense of empathy, one that hardly lets ego or personal wants take priority over the greater side of a situation. Everyone has his or her own personal problems, desires, etc. – but the ability to cater to these AND somebody else’s is a true virtue, one that is considered as maturity (according to many).
Keep reading, keep sharing and keep commenting.
From us, with love,