Today’s post is more of a fun challenge than it is a motivational post. I was nominated for the blogger award by fellow blogger and friends Arielle Chrisnes @ariellechrisnes “www.ariellechrisnes.com” (Please don’t hesitate to follow her and her blog).
I have to sincerely reply to the 11 questions and in conclusion, nominate at least 3 new bloggers to complete the challenge and create 11 new questions for your nominees. I accepted this challenge since not only does is make our audience know more about us, but also the reason as to why we blog.
1. What inspired you to create your blog?
– The biggest source of inspiration was the urge to make a difference and a positive impact in today’s generation.
2. What is your greatest motivational factor/what makes you stay consistent?
– The feedback in Responding To Life and the fact that at least one person is getting positively impacted by our work.
3. What would be your ideal working environment?
– A quiet and clean environment with soothing instrumental music (preferably meditation music) in the background.
4. How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?
– It’s a matter of prioritizing and staying disciplined. With that, dedicating (a)specific day(s) of the week to your blog helps in organizing everything else around that. So staying organized is very important.
5. How do you want to improve yourself in the next year(s)?
– In terms of blogging, creativity is probably one of the areas in which I seek to improve tremendously on over the near future.
6. What was the most challenging period in your blogging journey so far?
– Staying positive and consistent in the beginning was the most challenging period since RTL made no impact and got no response at all. The drive and urge to make an impact was so high and getting no response over a period of time, made it hard to stay consistent and even positive, but we did it.
7. What do you do in your spare time?
– I spend a lot of time with my family. That is very important to us, considering the fact that we all don’t have so much free time individually, therefore, the little that we do get, we definitely love to spend it together.
8. Who was your first style icon?
– My mum. I won’t even lie, she still is to some extent my style icon.
9. Would you encourage others to start blogging?
– This is a hard one. I’d actually say yes and no. Yes, because blogging is a good platform to reach different societies and types of people. If you do have proper content and a good cause (inspirational content, fashion and style guru, poetry and so on) then you get to impact much more people. No, because blogging is accessible to everyone and anyone these days and to some extent, those with proper content get overshadowed by bloggers who maybe are “more popular” however lack proper content and also, credibility to bloggers has dimmed down, making it is very hard to convince the audience of your authenticity and intentions.
10. What advice can you give new bloggers?
– Stay consistent and stick to your passion. If you have good intentions and you’re passionate about what your goal then don’t let numbers, negative feedback, influence your attitude towards your art.
11. Can you describe yourself in three words?
– God-fearing, determined and goal-oriented.
I hereby nominate;
Stylez with Wanjiru.
Listed below are the questions you have to sincerely reply to:
1. Why did you choose to blog and what keeps you motivated?
2. How would you describe yourself as a blogger and outside of the “blog world”? Is there a difference and if yes, what?
3. What has been your greatest mistake and achievement as a blogger and why?
4. What is your favorite place in the world?
5. Do you consider yourself more as a blogger or an entrepreneur?
6. What impact would you like to leave on your audience everytime you publish a blog post?
7. Who do you look up as a young blogger and/or a young entrepreneur? Why?
8. How would you describe your everyday look
9. Do you have any skincare tips? If yes, would you mind sharing them?
10. Are you open to blogger/vlogger (If you are one as well) collaborations with fellow bloggers/vloggers and suggestions?
11. What’s your advice to new bloggers and/or those who are thinking about starting their own blogs?
Don’t hesitate to share and let’s keep the train of inspiration going.
Keep reading, keep watching, keep sharing and keep commenting.
Kindly don’t forget to subscribe to our youtube channel
RESPONDING TO LIFE – RTL (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCovwoPYKuAkVWQkW6oSyOMw)
From us, with love,
Responding To Life.